Book of Changes
(I Ching) Class
Divination and Calculation Interpretation Methods
When: Saturday, June 1st
Time: 9:30 am to 12:30 (a one hour lunch time) 1:30 to 5 pm.
Location: Stuart’s Home in Phoenix
Cost: $230 per person
Registration Deadline: May 10th
Limited enrollment, as Stuart can only seat 9 to 10 people.
So hurry and register now!
- The Confucian view of the I Ching and the Taoist view.
- Traditional Taoist ceremonial ritual for casting the stalks.
- How to correctly cast the stalks to form a hexagram for interpretation.
- Learning the trigrams and their influences on interpretation.
- How to make use of triangulation of hexagrams for interpreting.
- The differences in interpreting hexagrams for calculation and divination.
- How to interpret hexagrams from Book One and those from Book Two.
- How to interpret Sun and Moon images, and Contrasting images.
- How to interpret Changing Lines and Ruling Lines.
- How to form Life Path I Ching images.
- Using the I Ching for health and medical purposes.
Free PDF Tai Shang Gan Ying Pian The Supreme Exalted One’s Treatise on Actions and Retributions This PDF provides the basic English translation and original Chinese text. It was created for the purpose of being a quick reference for the study and recitation of this classical work. For more information about the treatise, including Stuart Alve Olson’s introduction, commentaries, notes, and insights into the text, please see Actions & Retributions: A Taoist Treatise on Attaining Spiritual Virtue, Longevity, and Immortality.
The Tai Ji Quan Shi Yong Fa: Practical Use Methods of Taijiquan book and Master T.T. Liang Taijiquan Demonstrations DVD are true historical treasures on the art of Taijiquan. Purchase the Yang Family Lineage Holders Book and DVD Set at the discounted price of $69.95 ($79.90 when sold separately).
The long-awaited third volume in the Chen Kung Series presents the detailed instructions on the original Yang Style 105-Posture Taijiquan form, along with explanations of the practical self-defense applications, commentaries by Chen Kung, translations of the illustrations in the text, and notes by Stuart Alve Olson. A truly remarkable, insightful work that complements anyone’s library on the art of Taijiquan.
Other books and DVDs in the Chen Kung Series
In the Future!
Online Master’s Program on the Art of Taijiquan
Each lesson in this program will be taught in detail by Stuart Alve Olson, along with explanations on various self-defense techniques, intrinsic energies, principles, and theories. These lessons go beyond just demonstrations and instructions, delving deeply into the aspects for mastering Taijiquan practice. Sixty+ lessons will eventually be made available. Study them one-by-one at your own pace. Check back for updates as they become available and join our mailing list.
Valley Spirit Arts specializes in books and DVDs on Taoist philosophy, martial art, and Chinese health-related subjects. Featuring the works of author Stuart Alve Olson, longtime student of Master T.T. Liang. Contact us about volume discounts for teachers, bookstores, and organizations. Join our joint Newsletter with the Sanctuary of Tao.